A BRIEF HISTORY OF MILO
1907 Ontario-born Milo Munroe homesteaded north of Vulcan and opened a post office in his farmhouse the following year. Despite his brief tenure as postmaster, this railway village retains Munroe’s first name.
The Canadian Pacific Railway bypassed the original Milo settlement when it arrived in 1924, and the railway company laid out the present village at that time. Milo was incorporated in 1931.