Getting a COVID-19 test in Vulcan
You can call the Vulcan Hospital if you need a COVID-19 test and you are symptomatic. They do testing daily at 11:30 in the ambulance bay but you must call 403-485-3333 for an appointment time. If you would like an asymptomatic test, you must call 811.
For further health information regarding Covid19:
- There is growing interest in the value of face masks. Medical research suggests that masks of any kind are likely helpful in reducing the transmission of a virus, however, effectiveness will vary depending on the type of mask and how it is worn. The United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) has provided guidelines on the wearing of face masks and how to make one for yourself. The document can be downloaded. CDC Face Mask Guidelines.
- Drive Through Covid19 Testing
- Covid19 Modelling Projection (04/28/20)
- COVID19 Messaging from Regional EMA, Local Physicians and Vulcan County Health and Wellness Foundation (Apr 17/20)
Financial & Business Support:
- Find financial help: https://covid-benefits.alpha.canada.ca/en/start
- If your business or non-profit organization will be reopening after being shut down by Covid19 you can check out this website for useful information. https://www.alberta.ca/biz-connect.aspx
- To view a listing of the current government financial support options please click the link: Summary of Government Financial Supports
- The Government of Canada COVID19 Economic Response Plan can be found HERE.
- SouthGrow Regional Economic Development Agency has developed a one-stop portal for those seeking COVID19 relief from federal, provincial and municipal programs. There is a hotline available to assist with all applications. The portal can be found here: https://www.southgrow.com/recovery
- Vulcan and Region Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) has a COVID19 Portal available on their website, HERE. Contact FCSS if you are in immediate financial distress and learn about some of the programs they offer.